Vepr-12 pre-production on IPSC Russia Shotgun championship

Our estonian friend from stats officer staff took some pictures of this shotgun

here you can see shotgun and handmade hi-cap (12) mag for it

http://www.shooting.ee/gallery/2006-05-27_...006_level_3_057

There was about 6 such shotguns on match. 3 of them was sent to "Molot" mfg. plant dead during the match, two survived. Molot still experimenting with materials and all of the pre-production Veprs hardly live more than 2000 shots fired.

That's not a good news for us here because IZHMASH temporary (?) not manufacturing any Saiga-12 recievers at least for russian civilian market and possibly trying to kick off all "civilian production" to his newly aquired partner - Molot mfg. plant. Possibly they're too busy with delivering their AK103 to every scum in the world so everything except this stayin aside.

As for me having one saiga-12 on repair (dead after 10000 through it) and prepaid Vepr-12 stucked in preproduction stage I went through this match with my Remington 870 EM in other class and had no regrets with it. That's a truly reliable shotgun.

I've noticed that the Izhmash receivers being used on the Saiga 12's are different from the Izhmash made Vepr-12 receivers. In the Vepr-12 video they are using Vepr RPK receivers. Same thickness but the Saiga-12 trunnion is much wider. It doesn't seem like the Vepr trunnion is a heavy enough design for the Saiga-12.

Probably the cause for the problems.

Edited by TacticalResponse