Good Price for a .308?

Nope, there's something he's missing - that's way too expensive.

$250 is a price from the good old days, that is unheard of now. Coming accross one for $300 is a screaming deal. $350 is fair and $400 may be reasonable depending on curcumstances.

Note that accessories do factor in. Lots of people want to sell all their stuff at once, but they don't "package price" it enough for people to buy stuff that they themselves didn't pick out.

The strange psychology is that someone would look for a bottom line price on just the gun even if they do want the exact same accessories and pass up a package deal that they'd want anyway.

I personally would part things out but offer a special package price to make clear how much one is saving by buying all at once.

Awesome! Thanks for the input! I'll pass on this one! I did find alot of Saiga's on GB today. Someone has a lot of them for sale, both EAA and RAA, .223 & .308 & S12's. Found a few for around $300.

Edited by Sodak06

Consider that Gunbroker auction prices have shipping as additional, and that you will pay a fair fee to your FFL to handle the transfer. So add about $50 to a Gunbroker sale price to compare to what you'd pay in person. Consider that shipping costs will be included in a retail price, as well as costs for operating their business (which they have to do in order to transfer guns for you.)

I bought one just recently for $340 plus shipping off of gunbroker. The one shown has a scope and mount - probably worth a total of $100, so the price should be more like $400 for that rifle IMHO.

Go to http://www.fbmginc.com - they have good deals on Saigas - and if they don't have the .308 that you're looking for then ask again for good dealers.

ALSO... depending on what your specific FFL charges... you MIGHT JUST FIND killer deals at GB...

My FFL guy only charges 10 bucks! so thats always a plus to order online... and when you can find one with a FAIR shipping charge... $15.00 - $25.00 it works out ok... pay a little more to get a rifle you want "NOW"...

:smoke: