factory skeletonized stock

Hi guys, A newbie with a question or two.

I've been looking to get a saiga for a while, and now that they're available again I can't decide between the regular stock x39 or the skeletonized one. Does anyone have one with the skeletonized stock??

How do you like it??

Also, would the standard hi-cap ak mags fit on saigas (legal or not :unsure: ) or do I need a bulet guide or something like that. If so, how hard is it to install one??

Great site and thatnx for any help.

Hi guys, A newbie with a question or two.

I've been looking to get a saiga for a while, and now that they're available again I can't decide between the regular stock x39 or the skeletonized one. Does anyone have one with the skeletonized stock??

How do you like it??

Also, would the standard hi-cap ak mags fit on saigas (legal or not :unsure: ) or do I need a bulet guide or something like that. If so, how hard is it to install one??

Great site and thatnx for any help.

The going story about the skeletonized factory stocks...well there was one up for sale on gunbroker awhile back, claiming to have documentation from the factory. In all reality i'm thinking that it was a crock just to jack the price up more on the x39

That being said you can play the parts game and convert your saiga to a US gun(search 922r on the forum to figure out what parts count) then put on a skeletonized stock (depending on your state and local laws). While your converting the gun you can install a bullet guide (PM dinzag if you want to buy a kit) to let AK mags feed. Install seems easy enough (i have the kit and have yet to start due to too many other projects)

If you want a saiga in the x39 and your not afraid to take it apart and work on it yourself get a stock one. If you have the money or don't want to monkey with it you can start searching, contact a reputable gunsmith or hope for a used one in the configuration you want.

hope all that helps you out....and if i missed something give the guys about a day to correct me :smoke: