While on the range today my Saiga doubled on two occasions. :eek: I was using Brown Bear ammo. I don't think the hammer was following the bolt down as it shouldn't fire if that happens. I cleaned it completely when I got home and found some oil (VV-L-8oo) in the firing pin channel. I think this was the cause of my problem but would like to hear from any and all who have an idea as to the cause of my embarressment. Fortunately I was at a military range and they are accustom to the sound of weapons fired in bursts. Still, I was less than pleased. :unsure:

You may have had some debris of some sort in the firing pin channel in the bolt held there with the assistance of the oil. This may cause a slam fire. I keep a can of brake cleaner fluid around and every so often clean the bolt with it and have had no doubling. The firing pin moves back and forth freely in the bolt with no resistence. Did your clean up help out??

When I was at the range a few weeks ago I had the same problem, I had double, and triple's with my saiga :eek: . I am glad that no one was around. The range i go to was abandoned by the AIRFORCE for years now. Not to many people know about it here in las vegas, and thats the way i like it! :super: There is only one problem, it is in the direct flight path to the BOMBING RANGE :unsure: . Sometimes on the way back the Blackhawks fly abit to low,ok 50 feet off deck. When that happens I just pack up my gear promptly,and get out of dodge!!!! I think there just having a little bit of fun with me. :haha: Its still a great place to shoot, until BLM sells it to some land developer.

I have that problem when the gas return gets clogged from lack of cleaning! mine doesn't do it too often, except when dirty. Do what you can to poke it out or something. I always kinda thought that it came with the style of gun, every so often. The sks's do it all the time, especially when dirty. If I would have to guess - I'd say that the gas pressure wasn't strong enought to blow back the hammer all the way to the hammer lock/spring deally!

Like Bvamp said also, it happens when pulling the trigger rapidly also - but again chances are it needed some tlc with the dirt.

Just my humble opinion.