CUSTOM Dragunov Saiga!!!!

I just created this little TWEAK of my Saiga .410 friday... It took just a few hours, with the right parts on hand, and the tools to do the job, as well as the know how of what I needed to do, and what I needed to have when I was finished!

If you like what you see here, please email me at:

Mikeindy@adelphia.net

I will be happy to answer any questions if I can....

Thanks!!

dragunovsaiga3.jpg

Just wanted to mention...

With the new stock, it decreases the overall length of the gun.. couple that with the Russian red dot scope and the standard AK offset rings.. it really is a dream to shoot and DOES shoot well, as you tend to tuck it in a lot closer than you would with the conventional stock option. I ran about 50 rounds through it sunday at the range, shooting both targets and sporting clays.. it performed flawlessly!

Did you modify the receiver for the stock at all, and did you make the stock...Ive tossed about the idea of putting a drag stock on my 12 and making a matching foreend for it, but I dont want to do TOO much to the reciever, short of a trigger job.

here is the part I was considering:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?ch...hrSuperSKU=&MC=

Edited by Bvamp

so ill stick it on my ak, is it a pain in the rear to remake the attaching end to fit the stamped AK reciever? It doesnt look like there is much wood holding it on there to me....

Edited by Bvamp

Actually, the stock screw holes all align with the holes already in the receiver and once the lower pins are removed ( to move the trigger assembly forward) you have 4 more holes at the BASE you can put screws into as well, if you desire. Its pretty solid.. as I mentioned, I have ran a box of shells thru it, with no mishaps.. it shot beautifully..

You dont have to DO ANYTHING to the stock, except SLIDE IT IN PLACE once the trigger assembly is moved forwards.

It will fit perfectly, and all screw holes line up where they are supposed to.

The stock I put on the saiga is as mentioned, the ones that come on/made for the WASR-10 rifles... It will fit without ANY adjustments..

The one you have mentioned in that link, I do not think will fit properly... The one for the WASR has a "stair step" patten getting larger the lower and more forward the inserted portion gets.

The ones for the WASR-10 also have a very long slit by the grip, The receiver will then fit into this slit, allowing you to slide the stock into the receiver. The lowest, longest portion of the stock will fit into the receiver just past the forward most rivet( of the two rear rivets) that has been removed when the trigger job was done.

If you look at the top of the stock just forward of the cheek rest, you can see the bottom of the bushing that the rearmost screw mounts into. There is the long tab off the back end of the rifle that will fit right into the groove already in the stock for just that purpose.

• 5 months later...

I still see a lot of folks wondering abnout conversions, and posting pics of the AK looking "saiga" I dont think that it WAS ever a true saiga .410 converted... but either a prototype, or an AK variant posted as a conversion.. but hey.. I COULD be wrong.. if I am... please let me know.. and cite your proofs.. cause I would be VERY happy to learn.. happy holidays to yall on the saiga forum!!!

Mike (Indyarms)