308 mags anywhere else?

Hey guys. Pretty new to the site, and to the Saiga. Been following the FBMG 20rd mag saga. Not to take anything away from those guys, but are the regular 8rd. mags for the Saiga .308 available anywhere else cheaper? Maybe in steel? :unsure:

Hey guys. Pretty new to the site, and to the Saiga. Been following the FBMG 20rd mag saga. Not to take anything away from those guys, but are the regular 8rd. mags for the Saiga .308 available anywhere else cheaper? Maybe in steel? :unsure:

if your into making your own try hk steel mags. you have to do extra grinding on the sides to make them fit besides cutting them and alittle welding . plus you have to router out the mag well area on the receiver but it does not effect inserting and using standard saiga mags. we just bought cheap hk 20 round steel mags with light rust from tapco, they had them in lots of 50 for $35.

hope this helps if your a do it yourselfer.

I'm a do-it-youselfer but not a pro machinest or welder. I've "built" 9 AK's from Bulgy and Romanian kits on Armory USA receivers and I've modified Wieger mags for my Saiga .223, but I don't feel comfortable with moding my 308 for questionable steel mag conversions.

But that's just me :D