tnguns new folder+forend for Saiga

I just saw a Russian imported side-folder and 1 rail forearm for Saiga at the weekend gunshow in Mesquite, Texas.

The dealer told me that it was being imported by T-G Intl (or is it TN Guns). Website:

http://www.tnguns.com/accessories.html

LOP seemed quite short which I liked. I wonder how this compares to Tromix/ACE folder conversion. If it's a drop in, it would save quite a bit on gunsmith labor cost.

--John

Email: theinvisibleheart@gmail.com

DFW,TX

post-3695-1155568843_thumb.jpg

post-3695-1155568852_thumb.jpg

Edited by theinvisibleheart

You would either have to convert the trigger group to fit an unconverted Saiga and still need more US parts, or convert the Saiga to p-grip after which you wouldn't be able to use that stock.

Another question would be if that stock counts as two imported parts or one. If it only counts as one, you would need to replace the piston as well. If it counts as two, I don't see how you could replace enough US parts without a US magazine.

I'm a huge fan of using conversion parts and compliance parts that are one and the same. Convert to p-grip, need a new FCG, might as well use a US made FCG, stock, and p-grip. That licks all your conversion parts AND compliance parts in one. With that setup you can still use a foreign handguard.

• 1 month later...
You would either have to convert the trigger group to fit an unconverted Saiga and still need more US parts, or convert the Saiga to p-grip after which you wouldn't be able to use that stock.

Another question would be if that stock counts as two imported parts or one. If it only counts as one, you would need to replace the piston as well. If it counts as two, I don't see how you could replace enough US parts without a US magazine.

I'm a huge fan of using conversion parts and compliance parts that are one and the same. Convert to p-grip, need a new FCG, might as well use a US made FCG, stock, and p-grip. That licks all your conversion parts AND compliance parts in one. With that setup you can still use a foreign handguard.

would it work if I use Tapco's single hook US trigger parts, US made forend, and US made gas tube via UltiMak gas/weaver rail mount?

--JOhn

would it work if I use Tapco's single hook US trigger parts, US made forend, and US made gas tube via UltiMak gas/weaver rail mount?

--JOhn

No. You would have to use my modified G2 FCGs to fit in a Saiga with the standard trigger position. That would cover 3/16 parts (not 15, because the Saiga FCG has an extra part). You'd need my FCG and a US made mag (not available yet).

For function, comfort, balance, and more, I'd recommend doing either the full conversion or keeping your Saiga with a classic stock.