what sticks to hard chrome?

ok guys got an off thw wall q. here i am going to refinish an eaa mp153 12 ga.. it has what appears to be hard chromed everything inside incuding bolt. i want to refinish it like my other saigas , i usually use alumahyde2 with great results but has anyone found something that sticks well to hard chrome witout having to beadblast the crap out of it first, i figure i may blast it alittle to make paint stick better but i really dont want to blast to the point i take off all the hard chrome, thats going to be a a pain in the ass.any suggestions? or am i going to plan a whole day running a bead blaster?

Do you really need to remove it, or couldn't you just etch it w/ silica sand at about 80psi? Wouldn't take too long. Second thing that comes to mind, but you'll need to check with a paint shop or body man is acid etch thats used on metal for automotive paints.

That's all I've got, good luck but surface prep makes all the difference in the world so do it right or you'll be doing it twice. Not much fun in that.

got an idea from a guy who does alot of metal work,, just an idea right now but he said and this may be cost prohibative but find someone who does laser etching,,, instead of inscribing see if they can just do a complete panel on the side of bolt area facing outward... hmmmm if i can find someone who can set up for a single project with out having to deal with an volume of work,, i might look into this,, laser etching works on both stainless and hard chrome. anyone know someone who might be set up to do single units? without a major setup charge?