Gas Piston Information

Hi,

I'm french and I speak a little english.

I have a Saiga 410, but It's in manual and not in semi-auto.

The gas Piston is not installed in the gas tube.

Do you know if it's the same piston for the AK-47 and the Saiga 410 ?????

And where I can buy it.

Thanks

I do not believe they are the same... From what I have gathered, Izhmash has retooled the boltcarrier and gas piston for the Saiga line. This is because of the extra clearances needed for the difference in size between the .410 shell casing and the 7.62X39 cartridge. You cannot use a Saiga bolt/bolt carrier in an AK nor vice versa...The bolt from a Saiga will NOT fit in the AK bolt carrier.

You should be able to get a Bolt Carrier assembly for the saiga with gas piston, I would think... however I have no idea where.

The REAL question is why did you get one that was NOT Semi-auto????

French law prohibit them? or???

No, it's permitted with autorisation.

I have the autorisation, but there are few semi-auto in france and a lot of manual.

It's more simple to fin a manual and the price is the half of semi-auto.

Where i can find a gas piston for the saiga 410.

Store online in the usa or in other.

I have no idea what size the hole is... you can probably get a schematic diagram from the factory, and perhaps the gas piston/bolt/bolt carrier assembly as well...

check the Izhmash website.. and "contact" info... you might get lucky... you might get directed to someone that CAN hook you up.. I for one, do not have any idea where to get the parts you want, honestly. Sorry dude...

HEY there!!!! Check out this link to the EAA corp website...

It lists an exploded view of the Saiga 410, and the prices of the components...

Whether they can send to europe, I do not know, or even if it is worth it to you, however, there is the parts list and pricing.

http://www.eaacorp.com/parts/diagrams/saiga410lg.shtml

Hope that helps you out!!!

also, numrich arms.... www.e-gunparts.com good site for parts here

gas port size? it is maybe 1.5 mm TOPS....1mm i would guess....there are three of them, although my saiga12 has the gas ports TURNED so that only 2.5 of them show. i dont think the gas porting is a big deal because of this, and if you would want to know more, just ask us. you have premission? heck, what do you need then? us americans will be more than happy to help you with your weapon. .410 isnt really my programme per se., BUT .410 is still a good slug round. you cannot have solid bullet in .410 there? no? correct? you want #9 shot for clays, or else BB shot for birds. I assume that in europe with everyone packed in crates just about, that the government and police do not want you all to be raining shot down on the next town.... am I incorrect?

can you own 12 gauge saiga there in france, easyrider?

hey, one of you guys with the .410's.....strip your gun and take good pics for this guy, will you please? if you cant, i can take a trip to my sister's house and take her's apart after i hear them bitch about it.......be easier to just go buy one for 150 bucks LOL.....come on, a bunch of you have them....post the pics up and personal for this guy.....they will let him do the mod? shit.....we OWE them to post the pics. you know them frenchies....VIVA DE LAFAYETTE!!!!!! WE DO NOT FORGET YOU!

Easyrider:

No, it's permitted with autorisation.

I have the autorisation, but there are few semi-auto in france and a lot of manual.

It's more simple to fin a manual and the price is the half of semi-auto.

you should be ok to ask americans here to send you these parts that you need. YOU should provide your firearms # to the americans sending you parts if you need them send to you, and you WILL have to drill your barrel for a gas porting. (this is only a small hole, 1mm-2mm in size from your barrel to the upper PISTON OR GAS PISTON chamber of your weapon...if you look from your muzzle end of your firearm....to the breach....the hole goes from the barrel to the gas chamber...it is slanted BACK TWORDS the receiver. start the hole at the muzzle, and trace a line in your head back to the gas chamber, and go back a little...you will drill it correctly....it is this way perfectly: gas piston\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\---------muzzle ) ...you should photograph all of your parts and show us all of them. we crfazy americans can and will honorably help you if you are permitted to do this........it is not prevented by law to you? well, we have them here. we would be much happy to show you, friend.....

MANY PHOTOGRAPHS TAKE!!!! show us, we can help you, just well. i am sorry about your gun laws. they are not right, and you should move to america. no gun == no freedom

Edited by Bvamp
  • 4 weeks later...