I love it! Ive only had the chance to shoot it once but it was extremely accurate! Although, im sorta mad that the local store is selling box's of 50 for 12 bucks....used to be 8. Thanks for the information!

Edited by 17HuMR

I love them i think it's the greatest things since sliced bread. If you shoot a small critter in the head it pushes it's brain out the other side of it's head along with half of it's skull (would make a great turkey gun). Not that i find that arousing or anything like that but it is def an improvement over the old .22. I order all my .17's off the internet, you have to pay for shipping but you save in the long run if you buy in quantity. I live by Corning NY if you know where that is. It's good to see another fellow new yorker on here :smoke:

Corning, thats bout 80 miles from where I live, very cool! When I bought my 17 I shot a bird with the cci hp to see the damage......the bird flew about 7 feet and the bullet left a 7" diameter crater that was about 3 inches deep....pretty impressive for a lil pil of a bullet.

Corning, thats bout 80 miles from where I live, very cool! When I bought my 17 I shot a bird with the cci hp to see the damage......the bird flew about 7 feet and the bullet left a 7" diameter crater that was about 3 inches deep....pretty impressive for a lil pil of a bullet.

here is a link to a very informative page with a lot on the .17HMR .17 HMR testing from what i see here i think it would be better to use the balistic point bullets on smaller game like tree rats and the like. But if you were going to shoot a coyote the hollow points would work better b/c they seem to hold togther longer for a deeper wound canal. but i guess it all depends. anyway check out that page it's great this guy really knows what he is talking about. enjoy