5rd mag.-"5 and 1" Possible?

Is it possible to load "5 and 1"? Seems not very easy, if doable at all. When you pull back the slide the live round in the chamber is ejected, and it has to be open to get the full mag. to seat....... only had the gun 3 weeks and have fired about 100 or so rounds, very sweet. The range officer asked, "dosen't that gun ever jam?"

TIA

Smokie in NM

I routinely load 5+1 shells into my Saiga 12, it's easy to use the Bolt Hold open to load a shell in the chamber, chamber the round, and then load the full 5 round magazine. I have no trouble loading a full mag with the bolt closed, it just took a few minutes of practice when I first got the shotgun.

Thanks for the replys, I'll give it a try..........here's a pic of my Smokey (off topic a little), my great grandfathers Eclipse (read Crescent). I shoot low brass black powder loads (Gamebore). Must be fun to be downwind on the line with the Saiga throwing hulls up to 10' and the occasional cloud of blue smoke from this old guy.

Thanks for the forum!

Smokie in NM

post-2-1087865101.jpg