Malfunction BHO?

Okay, I was messing with my gun earlier this week and while trying to decipher what some of the slots on the "pill" tool could do (will post later with pics) I found out that I can make the bolt on my saiga stay in the rear position, as if I had a BHO. Well I dont, its just a normal import no mods yet. The bolt is in the rear position but it is not secure enought to where I would want to put my fingers inside. If you jostle the gun or thump the stock, whatever is catching lets go. I also found that if I inserted a fiver that if i did it just right (meaning not thumping or jostling), once the mag was locked in the click of the mag release triggered the bolt to shoot forward and chamber a round for me. This isnt a hard thing to do at all and I can make it happen every time. I wanted to see if anybody out there could do it too. Its proably just a strange malfunction, but it seems to work to my advantage for the moment (however unstable). I would post pictures but im currently at college waiting for my next class to start but i'll throw the basic instructions to get the bolt to catch out there anyway.

1. Pull the bolt back until it is all the way back

2. Advance the bolt until the face of the rotating bolt mechanism stops almost flush with the rear of the mag receiver (it will ride over a hump and almost stop itself).

3. Pull the trigger to decock the firing pin and dont stop squeezing

4. Pull the bolt back only a little bit this time until you get to where the bolt carrier moves back but the rotating assembly DOES NOT

5. Release the trigger and slowly advance the bolt until is "catches" whatever it is catching on

Hopefully these instructions are clear enough, again watch your fingers though, this is not a true BHO and will close unmercifully if you jostle or thump. I found that I could engage this malfunction and insert a mag pretty fast.

Edited by Azkamidaka

A lot of AKs do this.

Essentially what's happening is that the bottom of the bolt carrier is hitting and resting on the end of the hammer. In essenece, it's normal on a new gun.

Depending on lube status, wear of the hammer, etc. this is not a reliable BHO.

That said, do what you wish, but if you want a BHO, get a real one installed.

A lot of AKs do this.

Essentially what's happening is that the bottom of the bolt carrier is hitting and resting on the end of the hammer. In essenece, it's normal on a new gun.

Depending on lube status, wear of the hammer, etc. this is not a reliable BHO.

That said, do what you wish, but if you want a BHO, get a real one installed.

Exactly! Especialy if its a newly installed Tapco trigger group.

I don't have a massive amount of experience with AKs, but every one I've ever handled did that, and for the longest time I thought they were actually designed to do that.

Edited by Caspian Sea Monster