Buying a 12g 109, what to look for when purchasing?

Well, I found a dealer that can give me great prices on a Saiga 12g 109. I was wondering what I should look at and check on the gun before I purchase it?

I know about the safu with the ATF and the barels being less than 18". Does anyone have a pic of what the barrel extension they welded on looks like?

Also are there any checks I should do on the internals in the reciever and around the magazine well? What specificly should I look for?

And what tells me that it is a BHO?

Thanks.

you're gonna wanna make sure it has a threaded barrel, that'll be obvious, as will the welded choke tube (it wont screw off) The boltholdopen is on the right side of the original trigger guard forward of the trigger and sort of looks like a button on the underside of the reciever. If its new ask him if you or he could field strip it. All of the finish should be intact. There should be little to no wear on the rails or hammer. Make sure there is no spots on the rear trunnion that have been snookered. New will basically look just that, new.

I would flat out not get one with the welded cylinder choke. You will save yourself some hassle if you just get one threaded with the thread protector screwed onto it, assuming you very well may want to use a different barrel attachment in the future. Yeah, like Conju said.

Edited by tritium

The dealer told me that their distributor is RSR.

I only see 2 different 12gauges listed.

One is the IZ109 and the other is the IZ108

What puzzles me is that the 109 is listed as "Fixed Choke" and the 108 says different.

RAAIZ109 RAA SAIGA 12GA BL 19" FIXED CHOKE

RAAIZ108 RAA SAIGA 12GA BL 19" W/SB 5RD

Please tell me that the 109 has the bolt stop and has a threaded barrel like the 109 listed on saigacentral

as for the 108 I havent figgured out what W/SB 5RD is, 5 round mag with stop bolt?

Edited by v3r71g0