I contacted the "ezpulltriggerassist". They said they were working on a trigger assist for the AR-15. It is a prototype that reduces pull from 8lbs to 3lbs. has anyone heard of this or is anyone interested?

Not too sure about it. There's all kinds of reduced trigger pull systems, everything from JP to Jewel. Does this keep a higher pull weight except for when you want it lowered? Something similar to the CZ single-set trigger? That'd be awesome! But I don't see it happening for an AR. From my knowledge, it's too complicated a trigger design. Have any more details?

I contacted the "ezpulltriggerassist". They said they were working on a trigger assist for the AR-15. It is a prototype that reduces pull from 8lbs to 3lbs. has anyone heard of this or is anyone interested?

Not too sure about it. There's all kinds of reduced trigger pull systems, everything from JP to Jewel. Does this keep a higher pull weight except for when you want it lowered? Something similar to the CZ single-set trigger? That'd be awesome! But I don't see it happening for an AR. From my knowledge, it's too complicated a trigger design. Have any more details?

It clamps onto the trigger guard. Looks like a lever with a cam or roller.

Edited by dubyag

If I'm not mistaken, I played with one on a bolt action at a gun show about 6 months ago at their table. The one Im thinking of mounts to the bottom of the trigger guard and the roller contacts the actual trigger on the gun, or could be pivioted forward so the trigger can be used normally. The construction looked good to above average and it reduced pull quite a bit on the bolt action, don't know if I'd care for it on a semi auto.

The nice thing for me was that it doesn't effect the original trigger, I like a 2 stage for target shooting, so I could still have that, but the mechanical advantage of their design just lightens both stages. Large show in St Louis this weekend (same place as the last time), so if I see the table I'll stop in and check again.

Edited by 6500rpm