She's on the way

My IZ-107 24" is being shipped as I type this.....

I want to see what you folks think about a few items I believe i need to get what i want from this thing.

1. Extra Mags

100+ $ for an 8 rounder is insane. I'm thinking a few extra 5's will do just fine. The 10 rds are sold out, right? How much did they go for?

2. This Blackjack green "shock" absorber, does it really extend the life of the bolt? A few posts make the Saiga sound like a self destructive old Harley Davidson w/o the rubber engine mounts.

3. A sling

I'm going to be doing alot of walking in the woods looking for tasty grouse and doing deer drives, any recomendations??

4. Chokes

It looks like eea is the way to go for chokes. It comes w/a "muzzle adapter". From what I understand it will work like a improved cylinder for shooting slugs.

5. Recoil pad

I read on a previous post that the "limbsaver" is a good option.

Thanks for the help!!!

Definitely save the money for the 10rnders. Perhaps pick up an extra 5-rnder or two since you'll primarily be hunting and not need high-cap.

Get a black-jack buffer over a limb-saver. The Saiga is nearly indestructable, but your shoulder is not. For $10 you'll get a noticeable decrease in recoil and if it extends the life of the gun at all, it's worth it IMHO.

If you still need more recoil reduction after the buffer, then the limb-saver is a great one. But I doubt it will be too bad unless you're doing a lot of slug shooting or heavy 3" steel shots. May hold off on it until you shoot it a bit and decide if you really need it.

And good decision...Saigas rock.

The longer barreled S-12's in the past have had a choked barrel and so they would not be threaded for other chokes. But if yours says it has a muzzle adapter and is threaded you can get a set of chokes from Rusmil, or Stanley's Pro Shop advertises choke sets and would be cheaper since they are not being shipped from overseas. EAA was the previous importer and they no longer carry Saiga chokes when I contacted them earlier this year. I'd second Aegis' recommendations also.

West Fork,AGP has a contact list going for the second run of the 10rd mags.Its not a preorder list,its just to let you know when there going to start the run.

sales@agparms.com

Just state in the email you want on the 2nd run contact list.

Edited by Pointer

:smoke: Saiga-12! :devil: The Harley Davidson of AKs! :super:

Good call man!

AGP definately for mags, of course you know you must first convert...you heathen!

Yeah definately go for the buffer to save your rear block and bolt, your shoulder will be fine.

Get a real AK sling, it's just proper.

On the chokes, you can order the Russian ones or put that off for a little while and see what happens with the new stuff that may be comin out soon. It's already a definate that you can get a US made paradox soon.

Recoil, It's a huge barrel and an adjustable gas system. You won't need a limbsaver but I hear they are very nice.

Enjoy your new favorite weapon!...Heathen!

1. Extra Mags

100+ $ for an 8 rounder is insane. I'm thinking a few extra 5's will do just fine. The 10 rds are sold out, right? How much did they go for?

The $211.00 Saiga-12 eight round magazine

With factory eight round magazines selling on eBay for $211.00 shipped I don't blame you at all.

Thats not very nice. :lolol:

Mine doesnt leak oil , and the dirt bag stands in front of my S-12. :haha:

Edited by 762minigun

1. Extra Mags

The $211.00 Saiga-12 eight round magazine

With factory eight round magazines selling on eBay for $211.00 shipped I don't blame you at all.

Thats not very nice. :lolol:

Mine doesnt leak oil , and the dirt bag stands in front of my S-12. :haha:

I thought it was quite appropriate. They both cost an arm & a leg compared to what they should (after the re-do) but they both give more than enough satisfaction for the outlay. :eek::killer:

post-3915-1162301500_thumb.jpg

well.... it showed up @ my FFL tuesday.....but....the feds wouldn't release the gun to me. I didn't disclose my SSN, so i'm sure that didn't help matters. I can pick it up tomorrow morning though!

I'm curious to see how it groups w/o a choke. I havn't ordered any yet.

Your SSN is totally optional on the purchase form. I've left it blank on at least one occasion. I'd ask what the real problem is. Maybe there is someone else with the same name and physical description and without the SSN they are having problems distinguishing your identity.

Edited by tritium
The beauty of having a CHL in Texas is that all you do is fill out the form, pay the lady, then chit chat a minute or two while she goes over the form and fills out her records. Takes about 10 minutes.

Good luck!

The beausty of not needing a CHL in MO is all that you have to do is fill out the form, chit chat a minute or two while they call in the instant background check, pay the nice dealer, and then walk out with your long gun. Unfortunately, it ends up costing me a lot of money, because I usually walk out with something when I go into a gun shop.....oh well, I guess it's true when they say, "Freedom isn't free", but damn can it be fun.

Going into a gun show: $ 7

Buying guns at the gun show: $400 to $1200

Walking out with your arms loaded with guns, and seeing the reactions of people in the parking lot who aren't going to the gunshow: PRICELESS :super: