Bullet Guide Question regarding new 20 rd mags

Hi All, I have been lurking and reading as much as I can but I have a question I haven't found a definite answer for. Will I have to install a bullet guide to use the new FBMG 20 rd mags? I am not planning on converting the standard rifle but I do want the option of using the 20 rd mags. Thanks.

No, Saiga factory mags, and the 20 rounders which are identical to the eight rounders at the top, lift the round towards the chamber. Standard AK mags do not, hence the need for a bullet guide when using them in a Saiga.

Monomonk

Hi All, I have been lurking and reading as much as I can but I have a question I haven't found a definite answer for. Will I have to install a bullet guide to use the new FBMG 20 rd mags? I am not planning on converting the standard rifle but I do want the option of using the 20 rd mags. Thanks.

922r - that's right, technically the imported parts count would be too high on a stock S308.

But of course, the sky will not fall if you shoot it that way.

Man, I can't wait to get my S308 to the range with the 20 rounders - a perfect shtf rifle if I ever saw one. :D

I ordered 3 on the deal, but I'm going to get some more - ideally, a guy (or gal ;) ) should have 7 mags for his rifle IMHO - one in the mag well and 6 in his web gear.

"- ideally, a guy (or gal ;) ) should have 7 mags for his rifle IMHO - one in the mag well and 6 in his web gear."

What? No back-up's?

What if a mag(s) gets lost, damaged or stolen?

IMO, you should have 7 mags + some back-up's. :smoke:

And maybe some back-up's for the back-up's.

It's difficult to have too many mags.

Seriously though, it has taken so long to get great 20 round Saiga .308 mags made and there can easily be another AWB. The opportunity is here and the time is now. "Get while the getting's good."

Edited by Oswald2001