At the risk of being a minor annoyance I will re-state my original question for which I haven't received very many responses. Please be kind to a "newbie", would you?

I had asked if Saigas were still being imported and the one answer I got was basically yes.

But I want to know why I never see them in gun shows anymore and no longer see them at my local gun shops either. Maybe it's a regional thing, since I live in the pacific northwest, However, I don't see them advertised in the shotgun news anymore either. I also don't see them on ebay, gunsAmerica, gunbroker. Nothing. Zero, nada, zilch. It's as though this websaite is in a time warp back in the year 2002 when Saigas were to be seen everywhere and ads for the Ishmash shotguns and combo guns were in ALL the gun magazines.

In addition to that, the parent company's over-unders and combination guns are no longer seen either, except for the ones that they now make for Remington and which sell for more money now that they have the Remington name on them.

Does anyone know who the US distributor now is for Ishzmash (spelling?) and Saiga?

The current importer is Russian American Arms Company in Indiana. They came on the market early this year.

There are dozens for sale on GunBroker. Have seen them for sale at gun shows here in the Midwest. There are Saiga mags for sale on eBay frequently.

Edited by tritium
Hey Ronyo - are you the same Ronyo I know from FlyingLead? If so WELCOME! (if not, well, welcome too)

Hey, BRG3! I know you!

Well, like I said I thought the saigas were pretty nice pieces of machinery and weren't subject to having to be all torn apart and then re-assembled by the dumba$$ BATF like some of the other AK type rifles are and the only drawback to them was they use a magazine that is low capacity and proprietary to the rifle and not inter-changeable with anything else commonly available.

Thanks to Tritium for providing me the info that I was looking for. Now I'm going to have to learn whether there's a way you could cobble up one in 308 to use M-1A, M-14, FAL, or HK 20 round mags. or if you can get one in 762X39 to use AK mags. I'd also be curious to know how the Saiga 762X 39's accuracy is compared to other "true" AK's now available on the market, and how the other rifle chamberings shoot.

I realize that this is the Saiga shotgun forum, but I don't really have any questions about the shotguns, I ve seen them and I've heard feed back on them, and they seem great just as they are with no kind of magazine issues with them or anything, and my main concern with the shotguns was whether or not they were indeed available on the market.

I suppose the only other concerns or questions I would have is whether parts and service were also available, but as someone else suggested, I think if I look around these forums I can find answers to those questions.

Edited by ronyo
Where ARE all the Saigas?, Well Cobra has a lot and Dinzag has the rest :angel:

Well, alot of them also spend time in Tony's shop, a.k.a. Saiga Purgatory. That's where Saigas go to repent for their low-capacity sins before going to Saiga Heaven. And by saiga heaven I mean Cobra's place.