Compliance parts

Well, you are going to need 4 more parts. A trigger group, like Tapco G2 single hook, runs $26-$36 depending where you shop; a gas piston as about $20; and a handguard will vary depending what kind you choose, but figure at least $40-50+. There's no way you're going to be able to avoid swapping at least 2 of the 3 trigger parts, so why not do 'em all. You're gonna have to study up on that a little if you already haven't, but it's not that difficult. The gas piston is cheaper than a handguard but the piston will need the fixing pin knocked or drilled out so there's some minimal drilling stuff, and the handguard may or may not need tweaking, depending what you choose. It's up to you. :smoke:

Edited by tritium

FCG...I assume that means fire control/trigger group. If so, no problem; it seems the easiest. I really don't have any experience with taking guns apart ('cept for the time I removed the bolt from my 10/22), and I don't want to mess with drilling.

And, another question: does anyone know where I could maybe get a Dragunov stock instead of a PG/folding stock setup? Because I'm guessing that it'd probably be a little cheaper, and I like the appearance...

On compliance remember its ten imported parts or less. Untill you do the conversion to hi cap mags, unless you add evil features and make it a assult rifle(though this has brought alot of contension if you keep the rifle under 10 rds still).

I would agree with the recomendation stay away from Mag parts, unless its like the 308 where two of the high cap mag parts will be us made if you want them.

For the drag type of stock, there always is the ATI stock, if you want to stay with US made on that, counts towards parts count. Not the best looking thing though in my opnion, the wood romanians look much better but count against your parts count.