discolored cartridges

I purchased 250 rounds of 45 LC 250 grain ammo for my 454 Casul to play with. The neighbors dogs were raising cane Tuesday night about 12:45, so I walked out on the front poarch and popped 3 rounds in the front yard, when I took out the 3 spent shells on wednesday, I noticed the sides of each cartridge had what looked like a black area, as if the metal had been hot. Can anyone chime in as to what this may be caused from. The ammo was supposed to be new, not reloads, from Wisconsin Cartridge Co. I'd use the 454 Casul made by Hornady that I have, but it's to pricey to be shutting up dogs.

And we did find a big fox in the live trap on our property about 200 feet from the house wednesday afternoon, guess that's what they where barking at.

I purchased 250 rounds of 45 LC 250 grain ammo for my 454 Casul to play with. The neighbors dogs were raising cane Tuesday night about 12:45, so I walked out on the front poarch and popped 3 rounds in the front yard, when I took out the 3 spent shells on wednesday, I noticed the sides of each cartridge had what looked like a black area, as if the metal had been hot. Can anyone chime in as to what this may be caused from. The ammo was supposed to be new, not reloads, from Wisconsin Cartridge Co. I'd use the 454 Casul made by Hornady that I have, but it's to pricey to be shutting up dogs.

And we did find a big fox in the live trap on our property about 200 feet from the house wednesday afternoon, guess that's what they where barking at.

Quit shotting them out of your Saiga.... LOL no pun intended.

I have Honestly thought of loading a 45LC in the S410, but would only pull the trigger with a 50 ft rope. :) The sides of the case aren't "smoked", they had a BLUEISH BLACK spot as if it had been hot as hell it only one spot, maybe where the powder was laying. I've shot reloads and new ammo, but never seen this on a cartridge. Could it be piss poor powder. There was alot of crud in the barrel after those 3 shots, NOTHING like 50 rounds of Speer Golddot or the Hornady 454.

I like my new toy and don't want to screw it up, but if I need to chunk this ammo, I will.