Is the Saiga 308 as reliable as the 7.62x39

Is the Saiga 308 as reliable as the 7.62x39  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Saiga 308 as reliable as the 7.62x39

• The 308 is less reliable (please give reason in a post)
    • The 308 is more reliable (ditto)
    • They are equally reliable

That is interesting although there is one more comonality between the rifles...the cleaning. They are very right about build up in the chamber there is a real cocktail of chemicals and heat there and sometimes a "glue" can form unless the chamber is lightly scrubbed. Ive had problems with some coated ammo before but not since changing cleaning regimens.

Do you use a larger cal brush to clean just the chamber? 45 works very well on a 30 cal rifle.

One other possibility is the brass could be over expanding?

I generally clean my guns obsessively. My mini 30 jammed regularly, and my brother's mini 14 as well. When I traded in the Mini Thirty on the .308 it was a huge upgrade. 7.62 x 39 is a nice round, I like it more than .223. I want something with a little more punch and .308 is perfect in my opinion. Ideally any rifle in .308 that doesn't jam, is fairly accurate, and is reliable.

I used to clean my rifles all the time... I now only clean my WASR-2 because I feed it corrosive, everything else gets a little oil wipe and set back in its corner.

If I had to compare to another rifle in .308 I'd probably say my saiga is almost perfectly reliable, comparing to the 7.62x39 is the only place that it has much real competition for reliablity.