ejected empties

Unless your scope is mounted on the right side of the action, there won't be a problem. Saigas eject violently slightly up and forward, but basically straight to the right. Mine ejects cases 7-10 yards! Now THATS positive extraction!

Unless your scope is mounted on the right side of the action, there won't be a problem. Saigas eject violently slightly up and forward, but basically straight to the right. Mine ejects cases 7-10 yards! Now THATS positive extraction!

mine does the same thing when I first shot it I was like does this think just eat the empties cause I couldnt find them.

I have a "mini" scope on my sks and it has been fine. My sks throws them up and forward.

mine does the same thing when I first shot it I was like does this think just eat the empties cause I couldnt find them.

I have a "mini" scope on my sks and it has been fine. My sks throws them up and forward.

Got back from my 1st outing with the 16" 223 Saiga.Shot 20 rounds American Eagle and 20 Wolf. First sighted in the rifle's open sights as the gun was shooting high and to the left.Then, I dialed in the scope off the iron sights. After only 9 rounds, the gun shot tennis ball groups @ 50 yds with the scope.NONE of the ejected empties struck the scope so I was happy about that.The rifle had no failures of any kind and I was very happy with it. What a value @ $289 NIB for a 223, $50 for a Saiga side mount and $30 for a Taasco scope!! The next one will be a Saiga in 7.62x39 as I sold my Yugo this week. I'm as patriotic as the next American,but those Russians really have a winner in the Saiga!!

:killer: no! they won't even get close to it, Most rounds will be found 20 - 30 or more feet away.....

Just got a 223 Saiga and added a Tasco 3x9x40 on a Saiga factory side mount.Have not shot the gun yet but was curious if the spent/ejected cases will strike the scope?