My first Saiga

I have only been buying rifles for 7 months now, and I went to a pawn shop this weekend to look at a civilian m1 Carbine and saw my first Saiga .308. Well, after drooling over it for a good while, I ended up buying both guns. Of course, I will have to take it apart and inspect it first, but my gun smith said I got a very good deal on it and it is in good condition.

Well. here she is, next to my other toys. Sorry for the quality of pics. My camera bites. i will try to get more pics of the saiga tonight.

DSC00010sm.jpg

DSC00013sm.jpg

Nice looking collection Redman. Kind of looks like my own. Milsurp is where it's at. If those rifles could talk....!

I've got some collectors books on the Enfield and Mosin Nagants if you need help with some of the markings.

How do you load pictures? I tried but couldn't figure it out.

Edited by Ding Chavez
As a M-1 Carbine lover it would have been nice to see a little more of the Carbine than a little bit of buttstock and barrel in your pics. :lolol:

hows this pic? :haha: It is a universal built, but has never been fired. For the price ($290), I just couldn't pass it up.

DSC00009.jpg

Nice looking collection Redman. Kind of looks like my own. Milsurp is where it's at. If those rifles could talk....!

I've got some collectors books on the Enfield and Mosin Nagants if you need help with some of the markings.

How do you load pictures? I tried but couldn't figure it out.

Sure. I have some basic info on the mosin's but not that detailed. the m44 and yugo m24 are more recent additions and have not looked them up as of yet.

I will take some close up pics of the numbers and markings and post them on my photobucket account and send you a link.

I have used photobucket to host my pics for many years now. Once I have a pic pulled up, I just copy the URL (ctrl+c) and then on this forum, click the insert pic link and paste it in (ctrl+v). Note that the pic has to end in jpg, bmp gif or so forth. I found out that this site does not support dynamic images (which photobucket uses) and I had to clean up the url a little bit.

Edited by RedMaN