Gas block front sites with bayo lugs?

I was planning on offering a front site that mounted to the gas block and included a bayonet mount (since Saigas have no such thing and won't even after the ban dies).

Anyone interested? I believe it would be a tight fit and secured by a screw behind the block.

Anyone interested in a version with a Picatinny rail over the barrel for a flashlight or laser?

G3 mag conversion is moving more slowly than expected. I have thus far been using carbon steel, which has been hell to machine so far, due to the structural role of this adaptor due to the necessary removal of the cross post in order not to touch the trunion. I'm leaning towards using aluminum, and now have a system in mind to provide the same support through more efficient means (no brainer stuff really, just a matter of figuring out how to fit it in there.)

If you guys don't mind the end result being 1.75" wide instead of 1.5", I think that's where I'll go with this. Costs will probably be the same, but quality would be better, ie smoother. Remember, this is grueling hard manual milling. :chris::cryss::evil:

I looked at the ACE offering and my design is quite different. While ACE's front site attaches to the upper half of the gas block, my design fits around both. ACE's has a front site loop, while mine will have straight vertical ears around the front site post. It will be intended to match an AR-15 style rear site mounted on a receiver cover. Also, ACE's is designed and dimensioned for the AKM, while all my current accessory designs focus on the Saiga rifles. While there will be plenty of AKM pre-banifying parts when the ban dies, parts for the Saiga/AK-100 will be harder to find and that's what I'll aim to provide. Also, while many AKM type rifles are configured for authenticity, Saigas are more frequently used for creativity, which is my forte. Figure people will want their AKM parts to be exactly what was originally designed, while Saiga owners will take their already modified design and fly with it.

I think the outside of the Saiga receiver is something like 1.3" or 1.35". That would mean the structural ears of the adaptor would stick out 0.2" or so on each side. Remember, though, on the left is the scope rail and trunion bulge, and on the right is the selector. This wouldn't stick out much if at all among those components.

I'd be interested in shelling out money for a front sight that mounts on the gas block if it's a sleek design. The one from Ace is somewhat bulky, and I hate the way the flat surfaces look on it.