Has anyone had a problem with missing retainer for there scope mount? I bought a mount that said made in belarus for my Saiga .308. There is nothing there to hold it in place once I slide it on. There is a tab on the other side that is mounted under the magazine retainer. Maybe it's backwards, but it is rivited on. I called EAA but had to leave a message.

I was not too smart and purchased one of those Belarus made scope mounts for the Saiga. No matter how tight you make it clamp on to the side rail it is going to move forward under recoil. That mount will fit the Romanian side rails and do OK but not the Saiga. I think most of the companies selling the Belarus mount are aware of the problem but keep selling them hoping to get their investment back at your and my expense. That's OK. Burned once but no more of my business going their way.

I have the belarus scope mounts too! I own the 7.62X39, and if the thing slides on me, my god, I can't even imagine with the .308!

I did find a nice place under the tab of the lever of the mount - and a pretty clear place through the rail and reciever (nothing on the inside, pending) to tap a 8X32 bevel head screw!

It holds real well.

I'll post a pic in the next week!