I emailed EAA the other day regarding the Vepr rifles they have on their web site. I wanted to know when they would be availible. Here is the response.

EAA - we will not be importing this item, sorry

Jeff wrote:

> Hi

> Do you know when the veprs will be available?

> I looking to get the Pioneer in 223.

>

> Thanks

They still have them on their site.

http://www.eaacorp.com/firearms/longguns/vepr/index.shtml

I hope the same is not true for the saiga 100s

now why is EAA not importing them... I myself dont really care about any other baikal products except the Saiga 12. I wonder if they arent importing those either. Maybe they think the AWB wont sunset and will be appended to, hmm?

Now that really PISSES me off, sorry for my language. They've been promising this thing for months, those Saiga 100s for YEARS and now they just won't be importing them, AND THEY STILL FREAKIN ADVERTISE THEM?

No, it doesn't have jack squat to do with the ban, because if it did they'd import them immediately and watch the price go up.

That's it, this is the last straw. I'm doing a Saiga 308 to 30-06. Hopefully my idea will work for using a drastically modified BAR mag that feeds in an AR type mag well roughly similar to my G3 mag well for the Saiga 308.

Again I am not sure if this effects the saiga 100s.

The excuses I got in the past for the long delay for the Veprs was that the Russian plant where they are made was changing owners. Saigas are made in IZHMASH and Veprs are made in MOLOT. I have an email in to them about the Saiga 100s.

My guess is that Robinson Arms may have had something to do with it. They have been the sole importer of Vepr rifles which they sell at a premium. EAA would have killed their monopoly.

if the AWB dont sunset, and has that b.s. crap appended to it as well, they wont be able to sell AKtype actions anymore to the public. Maybe they (EAA) just suck. :) either that, or maybe they just dont have enough sales to warrant them. I NEVER saw an article on ANY saiga. I dont even remember where the heck I found out about them, actually. I think I was looking for shotgun parts or exotic ammo or something and saw the saiga12 website. They do a crap job of advertising. very un-american if you ask me. Do you know how many guys I let shoot my saiga12? id say Ive let at least 40 different ppl shoot it. guess how many ever HEARD of them? not one. guess how many of them asked me to sell them mine? every single one of them. go figure. guess I better get me another one soon, before they stop importing THOSE too. :/

If the AWB doesn't sunset, things will be the same as they are now. It's a future expansion that we'd have to worry about.

I'm glad that it'll sunset without much noise (since congress won't reconvene until afterwards.) This way I can save up all my resources (information and arguements) for the next gun related fight in the legislature.

Reply from EAA for the Saiga 100 rifles

EAA-no saiga 100 is still ours and first due in later this year

>>> Jeff >>>

>I am sorry to hear you will not be importing the vepr

>rifles.

>Does this effect the "saiga 100" models also?

>Thanks

>Jeff

There is still hope for the Saiga 100s

I e-mailed them the other day and they told me the delay was because the cost of the magazines was too high and they were trying to negotiate on the price. Ellett brothers has the 100's listed in their distributors catalog. Same story. Waiting on EAA. Trying to locate accessories from the local population but no luck so far. 45 days and a wakeup left on this side of the pond. hooah