Today, I took off the safety(had a full 10rd clip in), and loaded the rifle. Umm.. but, I tried to eject the round.. and the bolt won't go back.. and.. the next round in the mag was scraped. Wtf should I do? Should I even try to fire my rifle? Or should I take it to my gunshop? The round won't eject, even though it SHOULD.

:unsure:

(Addendum: Err.. is it possible to clean your rifle TOO much? Cause after my last excursion it was REALLY dirty.. so I cleaned it super well. Or, maybe the magazine didn't have the rounds in it securely against the back wall?? What could cause this to occur?

Edited by prophageus

Do you mean it won't EJECT or it won't EXTRACT?

Eject is to launch the shell out of the gun. Extract is to pull it out of the chamber.

If it won't extract and you have a round stuck in the chamber, keep the safety on and get the mag out, always keeping the muzzle in a safe direction. Keep trying to open it with the safety on, then flip the safety off if you get it free. If that does not work, Take the receiver cover and recoil spring out and see if there's anything blocking the bolt carrier from sliding back. Also see if there's anything blocking the bolt from rotating properly.

If that does not work, and you still have a round stuck in the chamber, CALL a gunsmith and ask him what to do. DO NOT just bring a loaded gun in. In PA, it's an offense to transport a loaded longarm in a vehicle. Find out from him what you should do from there. Meanwhile, stick a sign to your gun so that neither you nor anyone else will screw with it.

Hope this turns out for the best, let us know.

I reassembled my SAR1 when I first got it with the hammer uncocked. when I put it back together, the bolt wouldnt move. if the round is stuck, I wouldnt go ramming it out with the gun apart with a cleaning rod, if it is that russian steel ammo. the round might go off. make sure you havent jumped the rails with the bolt either, that might cause your problem. if all else, get the mag out, inspect the inside of the well for something out of place....I am thinking maybe it was the bolt head being reassembled incorrectly....you should be able to see that through the mag well, or with the reciever cover off. again, this type of thing is how people get shot "cleaning" thier guns, so like BattlerifleG3 said up there

MAKE DAMN SURE YOU KNOW WHERE ITS POINTED AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

Well, I did exactly that. Here is what happend:

I noticed weird markings on my spent shell casings, so I decided to see what was doing it without firing maybe.

So, I put in my 10 rd mag.

Took the safety off.

Pulled back the bolt to load the rifle.

Then took out the mag.

Then, tried to pull back the bolt again to eject the round out of the ejection port.. and.. nada.. it budges like.. MAYBE a 1/8"-1/4". (I've done this before to clear the chamber and it worked fine)

So, I looked inside where the magazine goes while keeping the rifle pointing up(I'm NOT stupid. :P)..nothing out of the ordinary that I notice, and I looked at my magazine..and the next round in line had a gouge about half the length of the round along it's top middle.

I CAN carry a fully loaded rifle here in Az, even in my car or on my person, as long as it is in PLAIN SITE. (gotta love AZ, one of the last places you can OPEN CARRY).

So, I'm wondering whether I should try to take off the dust cover and spring and try to disassemble the rifle as if I was cleaning it, to get the round out, or whether I should take it to the shop, or just try to shoot the round out.

*Shrug*

Maybe I should LOOK into the end of the barrel and see. HAHAHAHA..(kidding, kidding)

But, seriously.. what do you guys think?

And, how can the bolt come off the rails? WTF? That doesn't sound like it's supposed to happen. Anyways, I make sure it is in working order everytime I am done cleaning it by pulling back the bolt and letting it close so I know it's put together right.. so, I dunno why it's jamming.. I KNOW there's a round in there, cause I counted the rounds in the mag, and there were only 9.

Edited by prophageus

how much rearward force are you putting on the bolt? do you think maybe it might be a dented case that is lodged in there? its not like an AR15, in that you have to whack the buttstock on the ground to yank a lodged case out. are you SURE you reassembled the moving parts of the bolt correctly? do you see anything if you shine a light up into the magwell? take the receiver cover off and look. what do you see? if the bolt was assembled OFF the rails on accident, something like this might happen. if you shot the hell outta the gun and it worked fine, I cant see why there would be a problem after cleaning it. I am thinking the bolt head isnt turning out because it is either in the bolt carrier wrong, or ....uh, in the bolt carrier wrong :/ do you have a digital camera that you can show us the underside of the magwell and under the reciver cover? Id almost tell you to whack the bolt back with it facing away from you OUTSIDE the house with a hammer, but I dont know if its the case that is lodged or the bolt head that was reassembled wrong, or if you have a broken part? somehow? (i dont think thats the case)

oh yeh, make GODDAMN SURE you dont fire it on accident if you dont know what the problem is. most guns this is bad bad to do, maybe this one would forgive ya, and let you clear it, but I wouldnt chance it.

:bag:

Umm.. talked to bvamp on irc, uhh.. and we figured it out. :P

Here's the problem: I baby my rifle. HAHAHAHA.

So, he helped me get the round out safely.. then..did some modification work..

With a mallet(rubber) a few times on the sides and now it slides back and forth fine.. umm.. I guess it's not broken in yet. :P

Waiting for a case of ammo to do that.. cause I'm paying $5 for 20 rds right now.. so it's a little much.

Hehehe. Err.. I guess I need to treat my ak-based rifle like an ak and not a M16. :P

Damn USMC and their training.. making me CARE about my rifle too much. HAHAHA..(I even memorized my serial on my Saiga already.) For future reference.. if anyone has this problem.. have them do what I'll do from now on.. Throw the bolt back and forth a few times(thx bvamp) without any rounds before loading it. :P

When I first got this gun, I'd try and ease the bolt back slowly to set the first round.

It would jam up a little, and all kinda problems insued (nothing as serious as that).

Finally - I figured out - there's NO BABYING THIS RIFLE. Like I tell anyone that I take out for the first time - SLAM THAT BOLT BACK, IT'S WHAT THE RIFLE WANTS!!!!! And there's no truer statement!!! I say(to the newbies), do it like they do in the movies, yank that f..cker hard, and let it SNAP!!

Jesus dude, just reading this post got me kinda scared for ya......

a bullet in the chamber is nervous stuff!

I'm glad everyone got it figured out, whew!

you guys are a good bunch of apples here!!

yeh, well, we got it out of there in a safe manner first, THEN messsed with it. Its a tight gun at this point, so I think he might have a few "issues" with it until it is worn in good.

I used to baby my rifles until I came to a stark realization - they don't baby themselves. That bolt slams full force every time you fire and it cycles. So when charging, live or dry, pull it back and let it fly forward.

On a G3, the bolt will not lock if you baby it forward. You MUST pull it all the way back and let it fly.