ACE recall

1) ACE is recalling all Folding Stock Mechanisms (P#FSM & P#FSM-SMG) shipped after 22 September 2006. Said FSM has a groove machined on the back of the large side of the FSM. If you have one of these please return it to ACE to exchange it for a new one. The groove that the tooth locks into on the large side of the FSM was machined oversized. Our quality Assurance did not catch this flaw. When the stock is extended, it will be able to wiggle form side to side up to 5 degrees left and right. We do not feel this is a dangerous condition; it is just not up to ACE's quality standards.

I have one of the ones with the groove that they are talking about (there's a picture on their site), but there's no wobble to speak of in mine so I'm going to keep it, but I thought I'd give you guys the heads up. They also have something posted about the missing pins on some of their stocks.

I need to call them on that issue.

Even 3 weeks after they put that on their website, their new hinges that just arrived still have that groove in them.

They don't wobble.

There were some that wobbled a bit earlier, but the groove in the back is completely irrelevant as to which ones actually wobble.

Tony