saiga conversion

Welcome to the Forums!! :up:

All ya need to do is click on the search button... this has been covered more times than I can remember... with many pictures of converted rifles, and tutorials, and info...

If you just scroll back through the pages in the 308 section, I am sure within about 1 minute you will hit one or two threads discussing this very same topic. :up:

:smoke:

i was wondering if any of u had converted a saiga into a dragunov type rifle i really like the look of those rifles but not the price-could it be done and if so-where? thanx for your time chuck

Yes it can be done.

If you can do it yourself, you can save money, and have a 308. But by the time you get all the parts, depending on the "look" you want, you'll add a couple hundred to the cost of the rifle.

If you have to send it out, you can find a PSL/Romak for around $800 occasionally, that shoots cheap 7.62x54.

You won't find a real Dragunov or SVD cheap. Anywhere.

i was wondering if any of u had converted a saiga into a dragunov type rifle i really like the look of those rifles but not the price-could it be done and if so-where? thanx for your time chuck

Yes it can be done.

If you can do it yourself, you can save money, and have a 308. But by the time you get all the parts, depending on the "look" you want, you'll add a couple hundred to the cost of the rifle.

If you have to send it out, you can find a PSL/Romak for around $800 occasionally, that shoots cheap 7.62x54.

You won't find a real Dragunov or SVD cheap. Anywhere.

This reminds me of something funny that happened a few weeks back in a gun shop. I walk in (looking for surplus 7.62x54 for my PSL), and the first thing that catches my eye is a PSL hanging up on the top rack with a sign that says "Romanian PSL Sniper rifle. One of 11 legally in the US. $7,000.00 I didn't want to argue with the guy, cause he had the best prices in town on everything else, but he asked me what I needed the 54r for so I said "My PSL". He got defensive, and told me mine was a SSG-97 (Which it is, no arguement there) and it's commercially made (Which it is, no argument there) and it doesn't have a bayonet lug (Which it doesn't, no argument there). I said "parts kits have bayo lugs", and he assured me that it wasn't a parts kit. I said, "so if you pull it down, it'll have an arsenal marking on the receiver and no import marks?" And he said yes. So I said "huh, for 7 grand I'd rather have an SVD". I didn't take it past that. I don't think he was trying to rip anyone off, because no one who's willing to buy a 7000 dollar gun will buy it without a little bit of research. I think he just wanted a nice conversation piece. He actually had some nicely put together guns, and pretty good prices compared to what I've seen. Plus he will reload me 7.62x54r 150gr soft point for hunting, so all sins are forgiven.

BTW TEX, that's the best one I've seen yet, nice work. You got a pic of the other side?