anybody done a wooden stock/hg setup on a saiga yet?

if you made your own butt stock that should keep you in compliance with a US plastic pistol grip and a US trigger group.

i really dig wooden gun stocks. they just look so badass on AK's.

i'm thinking dinzag's clamp on HG retainer, maybe a surplus handguard, and make a buttstock.

it would be easier if i could just buy the whole stock. is there any way to stay in compliance? i don't really want to mess with the gas piston....

is there any way to stay in compliance? i don't really want to mess with the gas piston....

There's ways. I believe there are 15 parts on an AK with foreign handguards? Is that right? And gotta stay at 10 or less as foreign, so...

FCG=3 parts, so that's a must. Then there's a few choices:

1) domestic piece of furniture (PG or Stock) and domestic gas piston

2) domestic magazines=3 parts

3) domestic gas piston, domestic magazine follower, domestic magazine floor plate

All my furniture is foreign, so I bought a bunch of pro-mags and will never let any foreign magazine near my gun again.

is there any way to stay in compliance? i don't really want to mess with the gas piston....

There's ways. I believe there are 15 parts on an AK with foreign handguards? Is that right? And gotta stay at 10 or less as foreign, so...

FCG=3 parts, so that's a must. Then there's a few choices:

1) domestic piece of furniture (PG or Stock) and domestic gas piston

2) domestic magazines=3 parts

3) domestic gas piston, domestic magazine follower, domestic magazine floor plate

All my furniture is foreign, so I bought a bunch of pro-mags and will never let any foreign magazine near my gun again.

that might work...

i like the little saiga 10 rounder though.

i suppose the whole 922r thing is pretty much an empty threat. though if i had to use the gun in home defense i'd probably get screwed for it.....

jesus who makes these laws

i suppose the whole 922r thing is pretty much an empty threat. though if i had to use the gun in home defense i'd probably get screwed for it.....

I'd not say it's much of an empty threat...theoretically you're committing a federal crime if you violate it = 5years in prison. It's probably hard to prove and hard to enforce, but I'd not risk it, but that's just me.

Get the followers and the floor plates and a US piston and you'll be good even with the little Saiga 10rnder.

I'd not say it's much of an empty threat...theoretically you're committing a federal crime if you violate it = 5years in prison. It's probably hard to prove and hard to enforce, but I'd not risk it, but that's just me.

Get the followers and the floor plates and a US piston and you'll be good even with the little Saiga 10rnder.

i'm already planning on a us trigger. 3 parts right there. follower and a floor plate in my mags should be enuogh at that point I'll probably stick with a US pistol grip too.

jesus who makes these laws

Not Jesus, that's for sure.

One thing to consider - If you try to use followers and floorplates for compliance, you have to replace every one on every mag and worry if a foreign mag were to be ever used accidentally. Forger about drums.

If you cover your compliance with FCG and furniture, you can breathe easy suing any mag you like.

On an AK, if you have all US made furniture and all US made fire control components, you can use any magazine AND any muzzle attachment with no worries.

And there's no law saying you can only use X many US made components.

If you do want to go for US made wooden furniture for your Saiga, give me a holler. Lots of options available.