Question on using AK stocks on my .223 Saiga....

Hey guys--

Let's say I found an AK-47 stock that would look great on my Saiga. Now, would I have to modify the Saiga somewhat to allow for the use of this item, or can AK-47-style stocks be fitted on straight up?

And does the version of the model also contribute to the question? Mine is a Version 03.

Hey guys--

Let's say I found an AK-47 stock that would look great on my Saiga. Now, would I have to modify the Saiga somewhat to allow for the use of this item, or can AK-47-style stocks be fitted on straight up?

And does the version of the model also contribute to the question? Mine is a Version 03.

It is my understanding that standard AKM or AK-74 stocks will fit a Saiga that has been through a pistol grip conversion (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). Now, there are several versions of 'AK-47' butt stock out there (some of the first AK-47s used a butt stock with a steel 'socket' at the front, and then there are the stocks designed for milled receiver AKs, etc.), but the synthetic stock I bought from K-VAR fits my Saiga 'like a glove;' the Romy side-folder I bought from DPH Arms (only $50 - deal of the century! ;>) also fits great; and the wood Romy AKM stock I have in my 'spare parts box' fits, too. The most common AK stock you might run across that WON'T fit your converted Saiga would be the milled-receiver stock (plus there are some fairly common, but specialized, versions like the AMD-65 side-folder that won't fit).