Where to find an RPK forend to go with the damned RPK retainer I just

Hey Guys,

I was just tickled to death to finally get an RPK handguard retainer and get it on my S308 conversion only to find out that the tiny gap betweent the RPK retainer and a standard handguard is not so tiny after all(I thought I'd fill it in with a bent piece of aluminum strap).

Now I am on the hunt for a stamped receiver RPK forend to put on this baby(last thing to do before posting some pics) and all I can find is the purple polymer model for $65!! I really don't want to spend that much money on something that I'll have to paint black to use and was thinking that a wooden model would look nice and be easy to stain and match with a Bulgarian wood stock I already have laying around.

Anyone know of a source for these or maybe someone who upgraded to the polymer and might trade of their old wooden version?

Thanks

Edited by SOPMOD
Try these guys - they had new laminate RPK sets for $70 and old used for $20

The new ones were beautiful stuff! Wrapped laminate upper too.

Inter Ordnance

You may have to call if it isn't listed on the site...

Where did you score the RPK retainer?

I literally came already installed on a barrel I bought from simpletom!!

I already modified a K-Var black polymer handguard to fit on my Saiga 308 but now that I have this handguard retainer I might as well "go for the gold" and use that beefy RPK forend too.

I didn't see the used sets when looking just now so maybe I should call and see if they still have them.

What kind of handguard is that blonde wood on yours and what size retainer is that?

I have a blonde furniture set but it won't work with the RPK retainer any better than the polymer stuff.

If you can't find anything you like out there give me a holler.

I'd love to have some custom furniture from you but I'll be doing good to pony up the $20 for a "very used" RPK set from IO and then get to work with the sandpaper and wood filler :(

The lower HG is a Romy K-Var one. That retainer is a hand made AKM one made to fit the 308 barrel.

I used an AKM retainer, cut the locking lever/shroud off, welded on a machined piece of pipe the welded the locking lever back in.