Shot my new Saiga today, Got a question

Well, I took my Tromix shorty Saiga-12 out today. It worked great, and I got the "cool guy" award from everyone in line to shoot it.

Tony - I'm betting you'll be getting some orders, would have been more, but the rain, cold and mud were really bad.

Anyway, it took it home to clean it, and I'm danged if I can get the bolt back in. I've got a PolyTech, and don't ever remember having this much trouble. I've dicked with it for 20 minutes, and now I need to walk away. I've got several other guns to clean.

Does anyone have any pics, or advice on how to turn that damned bolt in the charging handle to get it back?

I'm getting frustrated and now nothing works, if you know what I mean.

It'll go in when it's lined up exactly right. Just make sure the bolt heads fully forward (and that the right "lug" on the bolt head is in the right "cam" on the bolt body. Oh, and don't baby it during reassembly. Some things just need a good bitch slap to assemble correctly. :up:

+1 Slap the bitch like she burned the borsht! When it is lined up perfect, the hammer is under spring tension against the bolt. Some force or a sharp slap pops it in. Took a few times to get good at it.

The cycling bolt cocks the hammer. At the end of the stoke where you are inserting the bolt, it is holding the hammer PAST the place where the hook grabs the hammer, to make shure that if it's grungy filthy, it still has space to grab.