helpful safety tip to those using RSA or other adjustable triggers

i had set my RSA trigger reasonably light, with minimal creep, and a 2 stage pull. while shooting, the screw in the disconnector (controls the weight of the second stage of pull) backed out a bit resulting in an crazy light second stage.

the gun doubled once and i didn't think too much of it, as i was doing some rapid fire. then it tripled.... my finger was bouncing back into the trigger during recoil.

yeah. not cool.

so i cranked the tension up, dialed in a little more creep, and threadlocked the screws (as recommended by RSA)

just thought i'd throw that out out there. i'm sure half of you guys think i'm an idiot... that's ok though. just hoping somebody learns from my mistake.

i'm not knocking the product at all btw. great trigger... this was my fault.

Edited by skyugo
the gun doubled once and i didn't think too much of it, as i was doing some rapid fire. then it tripled.... my finger was bouncing back into the trigger during recoil.

3 round burst? Interesting....

Seriously, skyugo thanks for posting this man. I am actually thinking of getting the RSA trigger at some point in the future. I'll tuck it away in the brain housing group until then.

Had the same thing happen to me,I didn`t loctite the set screws.I spent a long time getting the feel of the trigger just right then took the rifle to the range and lost it all.I was doubling by the time it was over.

As a side note,the RSA can be set to bumpfire like crazy,not that one would want to nowadays with ammo prices the way they are.

Had the same thing happen to me,I didn`t loctite the set screws.I spent a long time getting the feel of the trigger just right then took the rifle to the range and lost it all.I was doubling by the time it was over.

As a side note,the RSA can be set to bumpfire like crazy,not that one would want to nowadays with ammo prices the way they are.

oh yeah, you could make the ultimate bumpfire machine out of it. kind of ironic seeing how it's a "target" trigger.

really nice action to it though. i'm slowly creeping back toward my original settings. i'm a little gunshy about it now. light triggers are cool and all, but safety has to be the main concern. :unsure:

I would REALLY like to stick an RSA into my PSL... I think it would help its groups considerably... :up:

:smoke:

I too have neglected that fine rifle (Okay, really cool rifle) and left the romy trigger in there. I know I could pull 1.5-1 moa with a good trigger. I even spent an hour and a half doing the Tromix 2-stage trigger job on that thing. It helped a little bit, but no where near the potential of that rifle. What do you say we make it a late new years resolution?

BTW Indy, what ammo do you shoot out of that? I shoot czech and wolf gold SP for hunting (I know, too heavy, got it). I need to reload some 150gr sp and be done with it.

Sorry for the hijack skyugo