alright i think im going to buy a lee anniversary kit does anyone have anything bad to say about this kit ? what other stuff am i going to need to buy? is there a web page that would help me with the process and all im going to need to know ? thanks you guys have a good one :rolleyes:

My research into reloading (i'm starting as well) indicates that this is a good deal. You'll need dies as well and several web sites suggest that you should stick with the same manufacturer.

Do you have a manual yet? The manuals have reloading instructions in them. The Lyman is a good place to start. I recommend a Lee turret press for new guys. Also the Lee Factory Crimp Die for all calibers. What will you be reloading for?

no i will order one tonight other people have sugested the Lyman manual aswell. I will be reloading for a variety of calibers but probably just .223 and .308 to feed my saigas then others will fallow mostely rifle bullets mabey a pistol round or two. I really don't want to get a bunch of money wrapped up into this yet, when im older and have better guns that diserve better bullets i will go all out. im going to need a case trimmer right what is an inexpensive one i see lee has ones that are ment for a specific caliber but they make univercal ones right ? thanks you guys

Funny ..............

...........i was about to start a thread on the reloading topic as well. Looking into the Lee Turret press as well. Wnat to start reloading for my 9mm's maybe others later.

any thoughts on good set ups for the pistol cartridges?....may want to do .357 , .223 and 30-06 down the road.

The Lee stuff is fairly inexpensive but does a good job. The turret press will speed up the process a little but can be used as a single stage until you learn. Reloading is a good hobby in itself and will open up new possibilitys for better shooting. You can also save a lot of money. I can probably answer most of your questions. Beartooth Bullets is also a good reloading forum. The Lee Turret is a good setup to learn with for rifle and pistol. If you are going to shoot a lot of pistol then a progressive is the way to go but start out with a less complicated press first.

Here is a great site for reloading info:

http://www.reloadammo.com/reload.htm

Scroll down to second half of page and you'll find a number of tutorials and Faqs that should help you along.

Get several manuals. At LEAST two and preferably three or four. When choosing a load you need to match it to the exact brand, type, and weight of bullet. This is particularly true of rifle calibers. Bullets differ in design even among the same caliber and weight. Reloading is easy but it is a precise art with little room for error. Changing components even slightly can cause pressures to skyrocket so follow the recipe exactly. Really important until you get experience and understand the effects that changing components can have on the load.

Lee makes GREAT stuff. Going Lee you can probably double the complexity of your reloading setup versus the cost of the basics in another brand.

Two excellent places for reloading gear are:

http://www.midwayusa.com/ and

http://www.grafs.com/

Lots of good info out there just go slow and have patience. One other thing to remember, when reloading for a gas operated weapon you need to keep the pressure at the gas port within range of what the gun was designed for. Too low pressure will not cycle the action and too high can damage or destroy it. Most manuals list loads suitable for semi-autos if they are popular in that caliber. Stick with them and don't try to load as if it's a bolt gun and you'll be ok.

Good Luck,

Guntoter

P.S. Forgot about this one:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2k_reloading.htm

Edited by Guntoter