So, will the new bullet guide be all you need to run Galils?

So, after reviewing several threads and discussions about the bullet guide/Galil magazine situation, I came across something that was interesting.

Some of the guys, like Bad Bob, say they had to carve away some of the feed lip material to help the rounds sit higher in the magazine.

Does this have to be done in conjunction to the installation of dinzag's guide, or does this need to be done only in certain cases?

Thanks!

So, after reviewing several threads and discussions about the bullet guide/Galil magazine situation, I came across something that was interesting.

Some of the guys, like Bad Bob, say they had to carve away some of the feed lip material to help the rounds sit higher in the magazine...

As you noted, I had to remove some steel from the inside (bottom) of the feed lips on my 12-rd steel Galil mags so they would feed 100% in my Saiga (click here - http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=14852 - and look under #4). None of my Galil Orlites needed that modification. I just bought the two 12-rd steel mags to use at the range - and once I had them, I figured I would make them work.

I recommend using the Orlites.

FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc...

Edited by Bad Bob