Converted Sagia .223 Reliabilty?.

Has anyone who has converted a .223 Sagia In the past and/or currently owns a converted .223 Sagia can advise me If they have had an reliabilty problems with the rifle after it has been converted?.

Problems such as weapons jam, magazine wobble back and forth and/or side to side, ammo feeding issue's, unfired rounds ejecting while the weapon cycles shell's out the ejection port, etc.

I was planning on using Bulgarian 5.56 waffle magazine from Kvar.

Thanks.

...magazine wobble back and forth and/or side to side...

FWIW, in my opinion "magazine wobble" is a completely different issue than 'reliability.' You could have a mag that rotates 360 degrees (and does the 'moon walk' in between), and as long as it feeds 100%, there would not be a reliability problem. If you want tight tolerances (that means, no "wobble") & Hollywood looks, get an AR. They're a pain in the @ss to clean, as far as I'm concerned - which means that most guys will shoot them a lot less than any AK...

;>)

Has anyone who has converted a .223 Sagia In the past and/or currently owns a converted .223 Sagia can advise me If they have had an reliabilty problems with the rifle after it has been converted?.

Problems such as weapons jam, magazine wobble back and forth and/or side to side, ammo feeding issue's, unfired rounds ejecting while the weapon cycles shell's out the ejection port, etc.

I was planning on using Bulgarian 5.56 waffle magazine from Kvar.

Thanks.

The middle is a 5.56 Orlite Gali Mod using Dinzag's custom bullet guide. I can't remember any problems at all with the 300+ round on the conversions so far. I have zero side to wobble. I didn't cut off the tang on the back of "sporter" trigger guard. In short I turned the trigger guard 180; back is now front and so forth. I used the extra steel to go under the mag catch and so it holds the orlite real tight. You don't need this extra bit of steel for the mod to work but with this mod it is tight and flawless. No Wobble. You could use a standard trigger guard and then just use some reciever plate or other metal to build up the mag catch area. Like I said the mod will work with out a build up.

Works great

post-2353-1173148938_thumb.jpg

I have around 500 rds thru mine since installing Dinzags round bottom bullet guide for round trunnuns with Galil orlites.Id say now it is completely reliable and is currently my favorite AK type gun i own...and i have a few :devil: