Well iv been pondering about doing this myself when i actualy get a Saiga. Now how much would it cost to get a feedramp and install it myself? Along with a skelotonized stock and diffrent FG that would cost about another $120 on top of the $256 for the rifle. Im asking becuase im not sure if it would be practicle to do myself or just get a moded Saiga and not have to worry about all the hassel involved. Im no gunsmith but how hard would it be to do these mods on a scale saying from 1-10? Im sure id have to get other u.s. made parts for it to be legal too...hmmm

...Im no gunsmith but how hard would it be to do these mods on a scale saying from 1-10?...

FWIW, assuming that building an FAL is a '10' (that's the toughest thing I've accomplished so far - twice ;>), I would rate doing a 'screw-build' AK (also 'twice' ;>) about a '9' - simply because some of the more popular compliance parts can be, IMHO, completely, 100% 'out-of-spec.' And I would rate doing a standard AR build as a '1' (also 'twice' - no compliance part issues, and everything fits & goes together, without refinishing, in about 2 hours or less, with a decent lower). On that basis (FAL build at a '10,' and AR build at a '1'), I would rate converting a Saiga at about a '3.' I would definitely recommend converting a Saiga more than building a 'parts kit' AK - with the Saiga, you get a mil-spec receiver/barrel/bolt carrier/bolt, all matched & assembled at the factory - it's worth it's weight in gold, IMHO...

Converting a Saiga is no big deal, if you do a little research first (that means HERE), and take it slow & easy. Frankly, I would recommend a Saiga conversion to a friend before I ever suggested an AR build - IMO, a Saiga conversion provides a heck of a lot more 'bang per buck' than 99% of the AR builds people spend money on...

Read what BadBob said 3 times and go forth and convert .

Thank you, Sir.

BTW, I'm always more than willing to thank a skilled (AND experienced) professional gunsmith - just for being available. Thank you, Sir. (Let alone offering professional advice, for free, on an internet forum. Think about that, you guys... ) FWIW, you would be surprised how hard it is to find somebody like Red Jacket to help out with your firearms, in some parts of the country (like where I'm at)...