Last year I got my form 1 back and cut a Saiga 12 down to about 9". I know this sounds strange to many of you but I had not shot it sincethen. I took it out Sat for the first time and tried to run trough a mag. It was no use I didn't have enough gas to cycle the gun. I was using Rem OO buck I tried it on 1 then 2 then screwed 1 more time too 1. None of the settings worked. I can't remeber if there were stars up front or boxes? Anyway what do I need to do add another hoe or open the current ones up. It seems like there were mulitiple holes unlike a regular AK with the 1 hole.

Any help would be great guys!

SW338...

I know you talked to Tony today (I was there) so I'll state this mainly for the forum....

About the shortest you can cut an S-12 (without moving the gas block) is around 11"...you will also need to drill out the gas holes quite large, over 1/8" each. Even then it probably won't run on any but the highest-powered ammo.

Moving the gas block is, as we say in my line of work, "non-trivial". In other words, it's a motherfucker. You have to turn the fat part of the barrel down (much harder now that you've already cut it off- nothing to hold on to), and of course re-drill the gas holes for the new location.

Sawing-off a gas powered weapon is much more complex than it would appear. Good luck.

About the shortest you can cut an S-12 (without moving the gas block) is around 11"...you will also need to drill out the gas holes quite large, over 1/8" each. Even then it probably won't run on any but the highest-powered ammo.

For my own edification, how short can you cut a barrel back and still run low brass with opening up the gas ports but without moving the gas block? 15"? 16"? Any ideas? Thanks!

two questions, would a full choke help at ALL in this case?

and would there be a way to go the OTHER route, plug part of the gas ports with a weld, and then remove the actuating piston/plug so the gas system is more identical to the rifles?