problems with shell extraction

i when to the range today ive only shot about 80-100 rnds total out of the weapon. i was useing sliverbear 140gr SP and i had problems about 6 times with the shells not extracting they would be pulled out but not throwen out and get jamed sidways 1/2 in the weapon 1/2 out. any1 have an idea of what the problem is ? cheap ammo? mag problem? weapon needs broken in?or worse!!

Thats a stovepipe jam and in my experience its a sypmtom of low operating pressure, its probably the ammo. I had a Yugo SKS that reacted that way to Wolf SP until I indexed the gas port.

I have had it happen from excessive pressure in a FAL that had the gas valve set to high, but I doubt that that is the problem as another symptom of this condition is the spent cartridge getting rechambered. You didn't mention that and I'm guessing you would have if it was happening, they dont come back out easy.

Still, seems odd that you would have this problem. Saiga rifles arent known for being finicky. Is the rifle modded in any way?

Thats a stovepipe jam and in my experience its a sypmtom of low operating pressure, its probably the ammo. I had a Yugo SKS that reacted that way to Wolf SP until I indexed the gas port.

I have had it happen from excessive pressure in a FAL that had the gas valve set to high, but I doubt that that is the problem as another symptom of this condition is the spent cartridge getting rechambered. You didn't mention that and I'm guessing you would have if it was happening, they dont come back out easy.

Still, seems odd that you would have this problem. Saiga rifles arent known for being finicky. Is the rifle modded in any way?

the only modd is a scopemount and scope, the weapon is fairly new, maybe its a bad batch of ammo (i hope)

Edited by Cryptkeeper

If your mag flops around excessively, then that could be causing a hang-up. Or, something else to check: the retaining pin for the firing pin on the bolt. Make sure its nice and snug in its hole, and not protruding out where it could hang up on the bolt carrier. If both of those are fine, then like ArcFault said, low pressure.