Things I learned doing my conversion

1. Take your time ( sitting in the living room watching your big screen wile converting a AK makes you appreciate being an American!)

2. The bho is a pita if you don't realize you have to grind the hammer a little bit "on the g2". took me 5 times of assembling it and taking it apart to realize why the pin would not go all the way through. :super:

3. The Bho spring is a pita. use a piece of string through the hole in the spring to pull it down so you can get the pin in.

4. welding the front of the trigger Guard looks way better and dose not interfere with the hammer.

5. Baking your gun in the BBQ grill other than the oven makes you wife happy + makes you love being an American as well :super:

6. If you paint dose not match exactly after your done wipe it down with some rem oil. tada! it matches

7. Take your time filing your mags. wiggly mags suck use a file not your dremel might just be me but i get a little evil :devil: with the dremel sometimes.

8. when in doubt jump on here and do a search

7. Take your time filing your mags. wiggly mags suck use a file not your dremel might just be me but i get a little evil :devil: with the dremel sometimes.

Damn, couldn't agree more. Dremel is faster at everything including screwing up. Sometimes slower tools work better.

Pic?

Edited by Chimera

Damn, couldn't agree more. Dremel is faster at everything including screwing up. Sometimes slower tools work better.

Pic?

yea some times 14,000 rpm is a little too fast :eek:

Almost forgot! after snapping the tap off wile installing Danzig's awesome bullet guide. I purchased a tap extractor from Brownell's. after several attempts to remove it I had to get out the punch and the BIG hammer :evil:

HA! been there brother. sucks balls. i too went the route of an extractor, then graduated to the big hammer method and was still unsuccessful. luckily i had a buddy who worked in a machine shop and he managed to get it out for me. but yeah....broken tap=PITA