Need advice on .223

1. How cheaply can I convert a Saiga .223 to take hi-cap mags? Doing it myself? Having someone else?

2. Is there an option that doesn't require conversion?

3. Where do I find instructions on converting?

1. You can do it for about $20 with a bullet guide from Dinzag which you can install by yourself.

2. Hi-cap means converting to be legal.

3. Much info in the Tech section of the forum which is under the Guestbook section.

I think the cheapest conversion is this: add a wasr wooden thumbhole stock for 10$ at centerfire or elsewhere. FCG from Jsesurplus for 27$ and (3 compliance parts), one floorplate 2$ (1 part) and one follower 3.5$ (1 part) from falcon arms for a grand total of 42.50$ and (5 complaince parts). Then you need to add a feed ramp to your one magazine, as that is potentialy cheaper than the bullet guide, so long as you only have the one magazine. This is the bare bones minimum, may not look so pretty but will be functional and legal. This only accounts for owning one magazine though. The more mags you want to buy and use add 5.50$ per mag. If you feel strongly about the rifle's looks or want to keep 4 or more mags for use with the rifle it makes sense to spend a little bit more, about 70$-90$ will buy you parts for a very respectable conversion (USA made fcg (about 30$), pistol grip(10$), buttstock (35$+) and one of Dinzags bullet guides (20$)).

Edited by JK-47