Budget 10 rounders

Hi guys love this forum ive been lurking and finally "pulled the trigger" on buying a saiga 223. Ok saiga 10 round mags are very cost prohibitive. I live in california.... my question is... has anyone modded any other 10 round to fit the saiga? is there a way to fit a cheaper 10 rounder without the bullet guide? i dont have a problem modifying magazines but there has to be a way to have Cal legal 10 rounders cheap!!! any thoughts?

Hi guys love this forum ive been lurking and finally "pulled the trigger" on buying a saiga 223. Ok saiga 10 round mags are very cost prohibitive. I live in california.... my question is... has anyone modded any other 10 round to fit the saiga? is there a way to fit a cheaper 10 rounder without the bullet guide? i dont have a problem modifying magazines but there has to be a way to have Cal legal 10 rounders cheap!!! any thoughts?

not sure of california law, can you add a feed ramp an only use 10 rounders?...if so i've seen steel 10 rnders that would work, but if the feed ramp installation is illegal..........There is a quy on ebay who sells steel ones with a welded in feed ramp in the mag, i bought some from him when i first got my .223, they worked in mine. I have since installed Dinzags orlite feedramp so they no longer fit, however i'm holding on to mine for now, just in case some damn law is passed that i would have to turn in my high caps and remove my feed ramp.....

he was asking $20 each - based out of New York, goes by the name of Ichi..... i think

and no, I am not the seller....

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have modified 10 round magazines that will work in stock Saiga 223 rifles w/o any modification to metal/wood for $20 ea. plus $5.00 shipping for the first magazine, add $1.00 for each additional.

For futher details, please email to ichci@optonline.net

I also emailed you a priority mail shippng label for returning the magazine - if you didn't use it the USPS got paid twice for this shipmen!!!

ichci

I guess they did because I don't remember getting the shipping label (could be wrong though). I'm not slamming you but your email said you would take the defective one back and return a working one to me then you refunded my money and when I said I wanted the mag not the money you said I had to pay $3 more to cover your paypal fees (which I got charged on your $20 back to me BTW) - that's the truth. It's no big deal - so no reason to get upset - I like the five I got that worked (heck I dug out your email to refer markdam to you) and you didn't rip me off for the purchase price - but I didn't get my 6 mags so I was a little disappointed - no big deal - probably just a misunderstanding. All the best, David