Barska Huntmaster 3-9x50 mm

I am a little surprised that noone answered this, so I will.

Wnat to know aht people think of barska? Go over to 24hourcampfire.com's forums and ask that!! This is a place where there are alot of gun writers, and thier overall condemnation of these scopes if pretty bad. In all honesty, I would not buy one. I was recently at a Cabela's retail store whil on a business trip, and took a look at several of these, and the quality is just awful! They are obviously NOT made in the same plant as the Dragunov-type optics, and really are better off being named BARFKA. If you look thru one, point it near the sun, and you will know crap. Try to read detail on a license plate or two in the parking lot, and wol will see, it is crap

I would suggest, if you are really interested in a AK scope, to either spend the bucks on a dragunov scope or go to CDNN Investments, download thier catalog, and take a look. they also have a very moderately priced AK mount that is very rugged, is the same one that KVar sells, and is literally half the price. i also have one of thier 6x fixed scopes on a muzzleloader and like it very much.

IMHO, if you want an inexpensive scope (under $100) for the AK, then I suggest that you get a fixed power scope. This will allow for a good quality and the best and most rugged design for the money. with a variable, there are more moving parts, and thus, more stuff to goof up. the 6x is a good compromise magnification between hi & lo.

If you feel that you just cannot live without a variable magnification scope, then I suggest going to Natchez on the web and getting the Tasco 1-5x variable would be pretty smart; the low power sill work like a dot-sight, and the higher magnification will be OK for the accuracy level of the Saiga.

Thanks for the response. I went to 24hourcampfire.com but couldn't see how to search it. That site seems to be very focused on high end stuff (I could be wrong). The other reviews I have read on Cabella's and some other gun sites have been very positive about Barska scopes. I am not expecting Nikon or Leupold performance - I wouldn't put one of those scopes on a Saiga anyway - primarily because I'm poor and secondly probably overkill for this weapon. Maybe I'll pick up Barska and report back - in the meantime other thoughts welcome.

:osama::killer:

Edited by GunOwner