I'll soon have my second S-12, the IZ-109 and would like some advice/suggestions on the use of these and which one should I get and from whom.... Also, I have no experiene with them so can you explain it "barney-style" to me... I've checked out the Poly-Choke Website and Like what I see, should I go with one with the vents? Thanks in advance!

I'll soon have my second S-12, the IZ-109 and would like some advice/suggestions on the use of these and which one should I get and from whom.... Also, I have no experiene with them so can you explain it "barney-style" to me... I've checked out the Poly-Choke Website and Like what I see, should I go with one with the vents? Thanks in advance!

Polychokes kickass. I guess that's my "barney-style" explanation.

I don't think the vents are worth it. There's not hardly any recoil reduction and it adds extra length. It might help a little with heat reduction though.

I had one with the slots and it was a great big LUMP on the front of the gun. I disliked it so much I gave it to Cobra (and when I took it off I found that the barrel was full choke so now wonder the patterns were tight!)

I really prefer open cyl with as short a barrel as I can have for my sort of shooting anyway so perhaps not the best to offer advice!

From a USPSA three-gun competition standpoint, the Poly-Choke is simply a necessity. We've all been waiting a long time for it and now it is readily available from poly-choke.com.

Here's how to install it: add a little loctite to the side of the threads closest to you, screw on the choke and tighten it with the little spanner wrench that comes with the package. Let the loctite settle for a day or so and you're ready to shoot.

Adjusting your choke settings is as easy as turning the dial that clicks into place when it reaches the right setting. It's really easy to use. The regular IZ-109 Saiga 12's with 19" barrels have just a cyclinder bore barrel which is insufficient for taking down steel with 7.5 shot. Of course, you can use No. 4 bird but the recoil is much greater than with No. 7.5.

I set the choke to "full" and I can quickly drop steel plates and poppers with No. 7.5 while easily handing the load's light recoil, decreasing my times and increasing my scores.

I don't think the vents do very much to reduce recoil. However, even if there's just a 5 percent reduction in recoil, I'll take it. Every split second counts in competition and I've won and lost shotgun matches by hundredths of a second. Plus, the vents look cool so why not buy that version of the Poly-Choke? You can get it without the vents if you want.

Edited by surfmaster