great little rifle

i learned something about the rifle i shot today at the range. i was talking to a guy about the 7.62x39 i wanted and he has the 223. he says want to shoot it? who was i to refuse lol. well he loads up 10 rounds and says have at it. of course i had to learn how to shoot it. it is not like shooting my other long guns. the trigger had some serious play and i had to use more finger to get it right for my lop. once i got that down i had a blast with it. the rifle is comfortable but you have to keep your head up to shoot. something new to learn on that rifle but easy enough to learn and will find it is a smooth little rifle. shoots extremely well though quirky. i think after putting a few hundred rounds thru it i could learn to love the rifle for all kinds of shooting. light weight and i loved the scope set up he had. the slide on type russian rail. overall i want one. i know in time i will trun it into a fun rifle and hog hunting gun and also great for close encounters when someone is stupid enough to try and get in my house. also makes for a great coyote gun and we have a ton of them.

the other little black rifle lol what a concept

rob k

...the other little black rifle lol what a concept

rob k

I've owned several AR-15s and Mini-14s, and I really like my Saiga. Affordable, easy to clean, super-reliable magazines (Galil, in my case), and a lot of fun (mostly ;>) to 'convert.' If it ever came down to owning just one self-loading .223, I would probably lean towards the Saiga.

(By the way, if you were shooting a 'factory' Saiga, the trigger pull was a direct result of the modifications Izhmash had to make at the factory to export the rifle to the US. A 100% legal 'conversion' would probably fix that... ;>)

Obviously, your mileage may vary, etc., etc...

Edited by Bad Bob