Glitch with Trigger on First Outing

Took my S12 Converstion out today for the first time & trigger kept sticking on disconnector

about every other round. Could reset trigger by pushing it forward slightly.

It's a G2 & everything moves freely plus cant duplicate this hand cycling.

Everything else ran great, no ftf's or fte's out of 100rnds.

Even fed the walmart value stuff well. Any suggestions?

Check to make sure you really do have full travel front and back. it sounds to me like your trigger is catching the receiver at the front. Some of the G-2s will hit either in the middle or front right corner (opposite the hook). You can grind a little off the trigger where it's making contact and fix this.

• 8 months later...
You may need to put more bend in your hammer spring then. Make sure it's staying hooked on the rear "shelf" of the trigger and tight to the outside.

My conversion is doing the same thing. Superhawk138 told me about the spring, and even sent a pic which I posted in another thread. I bent the spring, but the hammer still gets stuck after firing a round. It looks like when the hammer is traveling back to re-cock, the hammer spring coil on the hammer is moving the hammer spring leg to the inside, making it jump to the inside of the trigger. Any other suggestions?

Thanx,

Nico

Update. Here's what I did. I welded a tit on the back of the trigger shelf to keep the hammer spring in place. It works great.

Thats cool, so that remedied the problem. Also i noticed it looks like your BHO spring is backwards (long leg attaches to BHO)

The BHO spring is supposed to point to the back? It works like it is. Will it weaken if I leave it as is?

Update. Here's what I did. I welded a tit on the back of the trigger shelf to keep the hammer spring in place. It works great.

Thats cool, so that remedied the problem. Also i noticed it looks like your BHO spring is backwards (long leg attaches to BHO)

The BHO spring is supposed to point to the back? It works like it is. Will it weaken if I leave it as is?

Its just more likley to jump off the tab on BHO if the short leg of the spring are on it

Its just more likley to jump off the tab on BHO if the short leg of the spring are on it

I didn't think about that. This board sure has a lot of helpful guys. Thanx.

Nico

If you have an older gun, where both legs are straight, you need to put the long leg toward the muzzle, or it will strike the underside of the safety before the BHO lever bottoms against the receiver rail. This could prevent you from fully engaging it. If you keep dropping the bolt on a partially engaged BHO, you will eventually wear off the corner of the lever and it will no longer work.

If you have a newer gun, the long leg of the spring has a downward dog-leg bend in it, allowing it to clear the safety, so then the long leg should be installed to the rear.

If you have problems with the R/H hammer spring leg not staying on the trigger, you need to bend it outward (Right) and then grab a hold of the end with pliers and twist it clockwise. That will change the angle of the spring where it contacts the top of the trigger and make it slide outward towards the R/H receiver wall.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp