When did S12's come with BHO? Also is Tapco G2 simple swap on a co

Hi Guys and Gals- I know this has probably been asked before but i have looked around and did not see the threads.

1. WHEN did the S12's (and S20's) come with BHO's-what year?

2. Is the Tapco G2 set a simple swap out on a conversion to pg or do you need different pivot pins,spacers,etc?? I think the double hooks are more reliable config(?)

3. IF you want to grind the selector for use as a manual BHO-for emptychamber at the range- can you use a std AK selector if you decide you do not want it,need it, of effed up the modification? Should you use a std AK selector and save the original?

ALSO, any one have a manual for a S12 that I can get a photocopy of??

I ask this because.....I am working on getting/making a Ca. legal S12....It is NOT banned by name but by the 'semi auto shottie takes a detach mag' So I am working on arranging for a 5 rd mag to be 'fixed' by having the mag release tack welded. This should allow me to do a PG conversion(with NO folder-makes it a nono again) BUT will need a bho of some sort to load the mag through the ejection port OR i will need to remove the top cover and spring-slide B/BC back,load and reassemble-PAIN IN THE A$$ but at least I will finally have one! WOO HOO!!!!----I thought of having the gas port welded but decided I want it left semi....hope when I move out of here it can have the 'fixed mag' un-fixed.

Will post a pic once it is received and done.

Thanks for the responses and help on these questions guys-and gals!

Hi Guys and Gals- I know this has probably been asked before but i have looked around and did not see the threads.

1. WHEN did the S12's (and S20's) come with BHO's-what year?

2. Is the Tapco G2 set a simple swap out on a conversion to pg or do you need different pivot pins,spacers,etc?? I think the double hooks are more reliable config(?)

3. IF you want to grind the selector for use as a manual BHO-for emptychamber at the range- can you use a std AK selector if you decide you do not want it,need it, of effed up the modification? Should you use a std AK selector and save the original?

ALSO, any one have a manual for a S12 that I can get a photocopy of??

I ask this because.....I am working on getting/making a Ca. legal S12....It is NOT banned by name but by the 'semi auto shottie takes a detach mag' So I am working on arranging for a 5 rd mag to be 'fixed' by having the mag release tack welded. This should allow me to do a PG conversion(with NO folder-makes it a nono again) BUT will need a bho of some sort to load the mag through the ejection port OR i will need to remove the top cover and spring-slide B/BC back,load and reassemble-PAIN IN THE A$$ but at least I will finally have one! WOO HOO!!!!----I thought of having the gas port welded but decided I want it left semi....hope when I move out of here it can have the 'fixed mag' un-fixed.

Will post a pic once it is received and done.

Thanks for the responses and help on these questions guys-and gals!

1. I'm not sure which excat year the first one was but I have a 2000 that came with BHO. I think they all do now except ones that are not advertised with them. That's IF you can find one...

2.Tapco G-2 is the way to go. Drops right in with just a couple of simple mods to the hammer and sometimes the the trigger. It's all detailed many many times here.

I've got double and single hooks in mine and they are all nice. The double just requires an extra notch in your trigger hole.

3. Yes

Look in Bvamps sig line for a free manual download. There was also another one posted recently. Do search for manual and it should come right up.