223 Mag problem

I'm having trouble with a factory 223 magazine. When it goes in, it doesn't "click" and under recoil it will jar loose. Another magazine fits fine in the gun, and this mag won't click into place in a different caliber either, so I think it's definitely a mag problem. I called RAA, and they offered to let me return the entire gun, but again I'm pretty sure it's just this mag - any ideas on how to fix it? A good filing, maybe?

Thanks in advance!

You answered your own question. It is normal for some Saiga mags to require a little filing to get them to fit properly. It's even in the paperwork that comes with them. One of the last steps at the factory is just that. Sometimes a few get thru that need some help.

WODKA POWER! lol

I'm having trouble with a factory 223 magazine. When it goes in, it doesn't "click" and under recoil it will jar loose. Another magazine fits fine in the gun, and this mag won't click into place in a different caliber either, so I think it's definitely a mag problem. I called RAA, and they offered to let me return the entire gun, but again I'm pretty sure it's just this mag - any ideas on how to fix it? A good filing, maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, this is a common theme with factory .223 Siaga magazines. The 3 that I have all needed an extra 'push' rearwards, after I had rocked them into the magazine well. I took one of my wife's nail file emery boards and gently shaved off all of the flash around the rear locking tab and the integral feed ramp in the front. Took about one minute for each 10 round magazine.

Now, all 3 magazines rock into the magazine well smoothly and lock up just fine.

Took the Siaga out last Saturday and fired 50 rounds out of her (Remington 55gr FMJ). Nothing odd to report. She ran just fine, as I knew she would. Only found 7 of the 50 cases though. The Siaga does eject the cases with vigor!!

Still undecided on whether or not to go the whole conversion route, though.

Thanks for the advice!

I ended up doing a little filing - now it goes in with a nice, satisfying click. I hadn't had that problem with my other Saiga - a 7.62. I think I'm going to leave mine as is, too, at least for now. My only two complaints now are minor - I'm not crazy about the cheap feeling stocks and I wish the sling swivels were bigger, so a standard AK sling would fit through them more readily.

Still, I like these rifles - great bargain, very reliable, plenty accurate enough for plinking or HD.