mine takes smith and wesson model 59 9mm mags. others can take glock, some other brands as well.

In NY, you cannot keep the ammunition and/or mag with the gun in the same part of your vehicle at any time unless its under a CCW permit and is a handgun attached to said permit. so I pretty much got it really for quieter plinking and such, not to keep behind my truck's seat. kinda pointless to carry around if i have to keep it not only unloaded, but have to put the mag in the glove box, and the ammo in the bed of my truck. I so far just keep it without the ammo, until I get it up to where I store my firearms. class D felony here if you have all three items in the same compartment of said vehicle, AND since it is considered loaded (yes, it is considered loaded even though its not....) in your vehicle at that point, that is another crime, because that is considered intent to harmfully use it on someone or something. and that is a class A misdermeanor by itself, but becomes a class D or C felony (not clear which) in conjuction with another offense. lovely, right? I am glad Ive been pouring over the state laws, or I would probably get myself into trouble, because a lot of this stuff is not common sense. A lot of states with more than two paragraphs of gun laws have funny laws like that as well, but not as strict as my state.

good gun to pack around in the woods though. weighs like 4 pounds unloaded or something.