Oh GAWD I bought one.... what about the SAIGA front end?

Ok - I have a non-dimpled .223 SAIGA sporter. I THINK I understand the ass end of this little bugger with the whole PG thing and the HTS and the bullet guide and I am thinking Orolite Galil mags.......... now onto the front end of the rifle.

I am thinking about cut and crowning it for a AR or perhaps a AK74 type device at the muzzle. I would really like to do the gas block HK style front sight attached. What are my options? I saw a Bulgy thing that loooked good but will it fit my .223? radius to me really does not matter as it will be short barrel (16" OAL) and side folding stock. I want standard AK furniture in the front and that front sight to be on the gas block of my .223. OPTIONS? Sources for the front end? Many thanks.

Edited by deavis
  • 2 weeks later...
...I want standard AK furniture in the front and that front sight to be on the gas block of my .223...

That means (at a minimum) that you will have to remove the existing front sight assembly and gas block. I would suggest that you contact dinzag, or one of the professional gun smiths who post here, and know Saigas...